This year had disappeared so quickly – I can’t believe November is over in just a few days! It has been a good year full of travel, adventure, new jobs, and a greater appreciation for life (which was desperately needed). Amidst all the business, two lovely bloggers nominated me for awards. One was all the way back in July and I feel terrible finally mentioning it months later. Blog awards are nice because they provide an even greater appreciation for veganism and for all the folks spreading compassion for the animals. Love.
Anyway, the beautiful Madison from Veggieful nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you so very much, Madison!! Her blog is full of amazing recipes and her partner takes gorgeous photographs – the two components of a blog I enjoy most! Go visit her blog and you will see what I mean.
The second award is the Liebster Award and it comes from a new-to-me blog called Arohanui Vegan Love written by Lindsay. She lives in New Zealand with her family – a place near and dear to my heart (Tim and I lived there during 2001-2002). I will definitely enjoy reading through her posts. Thank you for the nomination!
Both awards require me to post 10-ish facts about myself. Ready?
1. I am a middle child, sandwiched nicely between two sisters. Middle child syndrome does exist, by the way.
2. I can touch my tongue to my nose. I used to dream about getting on the David Letterman show for his Stupid Human Tricks segment.
3. In my spare time, I sometimes do voice-over work. My most memorable stint was providing the voice of a talking blow-up sex doll for a British theatre play (it was a comedy).
4. I don’t know how to swim. Despite taking numerous lessons as a child, my coordination for the sport is pathetic at best.
7. I LOVE owls. Up until July of this year, I had only ever seen owls at my local Audubon Society in the rehabilitation center. This summer, I saw two great horned owls in the wild. I nearly passed out from excitement and awe.
8. My favorite color is brown. Boring? Perhaps, but it is the color of chocolate… and tahini (sort of)!
9. I love reading children’s books and young adult literature. Adult level reading confuses and bores me. It’s embarrassing to browse for books at the library because I am often bumping elbows with actual kids.
10. I am deathly scared of spiders. This might have something to do with being in a basement filled with spiders as a child…
Part of the Liebster Award is to answer questions asked by the issuer. Here are Arohanui Vegan’s questions:
1. Almond or Coconut Milk? Almond
2. Guacamole or Hummus? Hummus
3. Beach or Snow? Snow
4. Canon or Nikon? Nikon
5. Smoothie or Juice? This is a tough one… I am going to say smoothie because I make them more often
6. Raw or Cooked? Depends on the season, but usually cooked
7. Nuts or Seeds? Nuts, especially toasted almonds
8. Bike or Skateboard? Bike
9. Coffee or Tea? Tea – chai or peppermint are faves
10. Tent or Hotel? Tent!!!
11. Fruits or Veggies? Undecided – I love them both equally!
Now, here is where I become the ultimate party pooper. I am supposed to pass these awards on by nominating other bloggers. This is hard because there are so many wonderful blogs and everybody ought to share the rewards collectively. I encourage anybody reading this to participate and accept these blog awards as your own. Share fun facts and keep spreading compassion through your blogs!
Later this week: a book review and giveaway!!!! Stay tuned!!!! It’s a good one.