Since it is the weekend, I thought it might be nice to share a yummy recipe for Double Chocolate Crispy Treats! I created these after Tim brought home two bags of Dandies from Portland’s VegFest at the end of September. If you are looking for a switch-up from traditional rice crispy treats, you should make this recipe! They are gluten-free, vegan, chocolatey, and super simple. While these don’t look like they were made with cocoa crispy cereal from the photograph, I can assure you, they are definitely double chocolate!
Double Chocolate Crispy Treats
1. Lightly grease a 9″ x 12″ baking pan and set aside.
2. In a large pot, melt coconut oil over medium heat.
3. Increase heat to medium-high and add in marshmallows. Stir constantly with a heat-proof spatula until mixture is melted and smooth.
4. Pour in cereal, 1 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
5. Stir in chocolate chips. Working quickly, try to evenly distribute them throughout the mixture.
6. Dump the mixture into prepared pan. Press down firmly with a bench scraper or a piece of parchment paper. You want to make the mixture an even thickness. Keep the top smooth. You won’t use the entire pan unless you like very thin treats. I kept mine just over 1″ thick.
7. Allow treats to cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Makes 9 large treats