Believe it or not, these Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes document my first time using pumpkin this season. I know most folks are finished with pumpkin, but I got off to a late start. And while I only made a dozen, it sure seemed like an army of cupcakes when I lined them up on the table! Four down, eight to go!
Pumpkin cupcake + cream cheese frosting + graham cracker crumbs = cheesecake in cupcake form!
Pumpkin Cupcakes (adapted from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World)
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup unrefined sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill a muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour through cloves).
3. In a glass measuring cup, stir together soy milk and vinegar and let sit for a few minutes to curdle. Stir in pumpkin, oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until no flour remains.
5. Distribute batter evenly amongst muffin liners and bake for 18-22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
6. Allow cupcakes to cool for a few minutes in tin before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
7. To assemble cupcakes, pipe cream cheese frosting on tops and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Voila!
A few notes:
*I used the cream cheese frosting recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
*I used the graham cracker recipe from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar and ground them in my food processor. I didn’t use the entire batch of graham crackers.
Happy Pumpkin Season!