I suppose my laziness continues because I don’t have a very exciting post for today. I hated quizzes in school, but Vegan MoFo quizzes are fun! I saw this one on Vegan Shizzle’s blog. Here we go:
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Almond Breeze Original
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook for Vegan MoFo?
Tamales, Curried Sweet Potato Soup w/ Wild Rice, and Indian-Spiced Pumpkin Gratin
3.Topping(s) of choice for popcorn?
Salt, nutritional yeast, melted Earth Balance, and sometimes curry powder
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
5. Favorite pickled item?
Dill pickles made by myself and my friend
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I have a huge binder for recipes printed from the internet that I hope to someday make, two shelves of cookbooks ordered by height (looks pretty!), and a small recipe box that rarely gets used.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash, but I am looking into compost options.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Kale, black beans, Peanut Butter Panda Puffs (a breakfast cereal) and hummus (I know that’s 4, but who cares?)
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Making mashed potatoes for my family every holiday dinner
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Vity, my Vita Mix
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Freshly ground black pepper
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
The New Basics Cookbook – I never use it anymore because it is far from vegan and the photo of the authors on the back cover scares Tim senseless, but it does have useful tips and information
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Homemade strawberry with hand-picked berries
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Five plants, a watering can, and a sugar pumpkin that will turn into pumpkin butter soon!
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Frozen strawberries, tortillas, lots of beans
20. What’s on your grocery list?
I just went shopping last night, so nothing right now.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Food Fight – they have the best produce and the nicest owners on the planet
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Hmmmmm… I guess a Newman O, which is already vegan, but I’d like to figure out how to make my own.
23. Food blog you read the most
Have Cake Will Travel is my favorite because I love Celine
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Sjaaks Almond Butter Bites
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Honestly, I can’t think of anything…
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
27. Favorite food cart?
It’s a tie between Sonny Bowl and Los Gorditos, both in Portland!