I was recently chosen by Bianca of Vegan Crunk to be interviewed. She chose the questions below and I answered them. Simple and fun, right?! In turn, I will also interview a few commenters. If you want to be interviewed, follow the instructions after my interview.
I promised Bianca a cupcake if she interviewed me and since it would take some abuse from the post office en route, I figured this photo of a cupcake would work just as well!
Enjoy your cupcake Bianca!!!
The Q & A:
1) If you could only get your protein from one source, which food would you choose? Well, I would most likely choose tofu because it is so incredibly versatile. But, if for some reason tofu was abolished, I would choose the lovely sesame seed. Sesame seeds are loaded with protein and can be incorporated into may foods and desserts.
2) How did you choose the name for your blog? I love tahini!! I add it to sauces, cookies, baked treats, salad dressings, pie crusts, bread, granola, spreads, and on and on and on and on….
3) What’s your all-time favorite dessert? I am a true cookie addict. It doesn’t matter what kind, I pretty much love them all! I also have very fond memories of eating Boston Cream Pie with my grandma when I was a kid. I have yet to try a vegan version and I probably need to change that!
4) How long have you been veg? And what sparked the change in you? Three years. I was vegetarian for about six months before I switched to veganism. I had been gradually eliminating non-veg foods from my diet for awhile, and as soon as I discovered what icky ingredients lurked in certain foods, veganism was the answer. I have learned to enjoy so many new foods as a vegan. I wish I had made the choice years ago; it truly is the best lifestyle for me. Also, I have always enjoyed the outdoors, and my level of compassion for animals will never stop growing!
5) If you were president, what’s the first thing you would do? I would ban plastic bags nationwide. This would hopefully encourage people to shop with reusable (canvas or otherwise) bags. It is saddening how many bags end up littering roadsides, streets, landfills, etc. They don’t just disappear! People need to make a serious committment to protecting the Earth. It isn’t difficult and it makes a huge difference.
To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” If a few people want interviews, I will randomly pick 2.
2. I will respond by commenting on your blog with five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.