I was reading Jennifer’s blog over at Veg*n Cooking and Other Random Musings, and came across this fun list activity. I enjoyed reading hers so much, I thought I’d make proper use of my lunch hour and play along. If you feel the need to do this too, copy and paste the list, bold what you’ve done, and italicize five items you want to do.
1. Started my own blog – Yep, last March was my first post!
2. Slept under the stars – Many times while backpacking.
3. Played in a band – Does grammar school band count? I played the clarinet. Cool, I know…
4. Visited Hawaii – It sure would be nice, but not worth the expense.
5. Watched a meteor shower – Several times growing up, and more recently within the last few years.
6. Given more than I can afford to charity – I do this all the time, and then struggle to pay my own bills, but it makes me feel good.
7. Been to Disneyland/world – Once as a wee tot, and again as a young teen.
8. Climbed a mountain – I’ve climbed lots of mountains, and summitted several too (both in the US and in New Zealand).
9. Held a praying mantis – Once, as a kid.
10. Sung a solo – Sigh, not in public.
11. Bungee jumped – Too scared, but the opportunity did arise.
12. Visited Paris – Blah, not on purpose, I was rerouted there once when traveling to visit my sister in Germany.
13. Watched lightning at sea – I grew up close to Lake Erie, so this was a common activity.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch – Painting, sewing, baking, cooking…
15. Adopted a child – I don’t want kids, but I think this is the best choice considering all the orphaned children in the world.
16. Had food poisoning – Yep, from a Taco Bell when I was in college.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Nope. I’ve been to NYC, but not to the statue.
18. Grown my own vegetables – If I had the space, I totally would.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Nope. I don’t even like the Mona Lisa.
20. Slept on an overnight train – I’ve been on plenty of long train rides, but no overnighters.
21. Had a pillow fight – With my sisters and friends at slumber parties. Oh, and with Tim too.
22. Hitchhiked – I did this twice when I was living in Scotland.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. – More than once, and always totally deserving.
24. Built a snow fort – As a kid, quite often. My dad was good at doing this too!
25. Held a lamb – I wish!!!
26. Gone skinny dipping – Yep.
27. Run a Marathon – It’s a goal of mine, but my knees are already crumbling.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – Nope.
29. Seen a total eclipse – I saw a solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – Both, many times.
31. Hit a home run – Sports are dumb.
32. Been on a cruise – I’d barf.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – On several occasions, I grew up pretty much on the other side of the lake.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors – My mom’s family has Scottish genes, and I’ve been there.
35. Seen an Amish community – Tim’s family lives close by an Amish community, so we’ve seen them for sure.
36. Taught myself a new language – I make up my own words all the time.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – I have enough to live comfortably.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – Nope.
39. Gone rock climbing – I started in college and loved it. I still have my gear, but haven’t gone in quite some time.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – Nope.
41. Sung karaoke – Nope.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – Nope.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – I rarely eat out. But, Tim and I donate money to local homeless shelters, and the money goes toward meals.
44. Visited Africa – Nope.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – More than once.
46. Been transported in an ambulance – Nope.
47. Had my portrait painted – As a kid, it was a silhouette. I still have it on my shelf.
48. Gone deep sea fishing – Nope.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – Nope.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – Nope.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – I can’t swim and being under water freaks me out.
52. Kissed in the rain – Yeah.
53. Played in the mud – I don’t like to be dirty, but I’ve definitely played in the mud!!!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – As a kid, we had one a mile from our house.
55. Been in a movie. – HA. Yeah right. I’d have a bag over my head and I’d be in a dark corner ready to curse at the camera person.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China – Nope.
57. Started a business – I tried to start a vegan cookie company; I had a logo and everything, but the motivation didn’t exist.
58. Taken a martial arts class – I took karate in college. That was fun.
59. Visited Russia – Nope.
60. Served at a soup kitchen – Nope, but I want to, I’m just too shy.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – I hated Girl Scouts, and quit soon after starting, but I did make it through a cookie selling season.
62. Gone whale watching – Yes, it was on accident, and utterly fascinating. Whales are amazing!
63. Got flowers for no reason – Yes, but I hate that kind of crap, and I hope it never happens again.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – I can’t because I don’t weigh enough.
65. Gone sky diving – I like my feet on the floor usually.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – No.
67. Bounced a check – No.
68. Flown in a helicopter – No.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – I still have my first teddy bear, and some barbies and other random dolls. Remember Rainbow Brite?!
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – School trip, woo hoo!
71. Eaten caviar – Blarg, never ever.
72. Pieced a quilt – Nope.
73. Stood in Times Square – Yes.
74. Toured the Everglades – No.
75. Been fired from a job – Nope.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – Yep, funny hats.
77. Broken a bone – Nope!
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – I dated a boy who took me on rides often. He was lame, but I liked the rides.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – No.
80. Published a book – No, but I started a children’s book last year.
81. Visited the Vatican – Nope.
82. Bought a brand new car – Nope. I had a 1987 Subaru wagon that I loved in college and then she got hit by a tree and that was the end… I miss you Manta!
83. Walked in Jerusalem – Nope
84. Had my picture in the newspaper – Yes, in high school and in college. I had my own column in the college newspaper. In high school, it was because I was student of the month once.
85. Read the entire Bible – No, but my younger sister has. I’m not religious, so it doesn’t appeal to me.
86. Visited the White House – outside only.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – NO!
88. Had chickenpox – I was young, I still have some scars.
89. Saved someone’s life – Bugs, but not humans.
90. Sat on a jury – Not yet!
91. Met someone famous – Several cookbook authors, some bands, the owners of Food Fight (smooch)!
92. Joined a book club – No, I read too slow and get too confused with plots. I read kid’s books mostly.
93. Lost a loved one – All of my grandparents, my aunt
94. Had a baby – Nope and don’t want to! Ever.
95. Seen the Alamo in person – Nope.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – Nope.
97. Been involved in a law suit – Well, some drunk flimsy smashed her car into ours, and Tim had to go to court, but it got canceled because she lied her way out of it. So, kind of.
98. Owned a cell phone – Once, but only to drive across the country with. I am cell phone free and happy about it. I hate them.
99. Been stung by a bee – Too many times to count.
100. Ridden an elephant – Fun! I want to do this!!!