I am bored. And while I am not participating in the Vegan MoFo, I still enjoy reading everybody else’s posts. I came across a survey on Food Snobbery is My Hobbery and figured, “Why not?”. So here goes:
1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
Tangelo Tree by PanAm
2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
It must have a dessert section with photos. Actually, even without a dessert section (is that even possible?), I like cookbooks to have photos.
3. What did you eat today?
Granola with almond milk, tings, local apples from the farmers’ market, homemade soup with toast, dark chocolate with raspberries
4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
Sweet & Sara marshmallows
5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
Edamame (because it’s fun to pronounce and I can eat lots and lots of them)
6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
I’m not too keen on spicy stuff, but there is a decent Thai chili sauce in my fridge right now.
7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
26 – vegetarian and 29 – vegan
8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
I don’t really eat cheese alternatives, but if I had to choose, I’d say Follow Your Heart Monteray Jack for pizza.
9. Cutest baby animal?
10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
homemade raspberry jam and homemade apple butter battle it out
11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
daily mulit-vitamin, cranberry, and acidophilus (the latter two are less frequent, but help maintain a healthy digestive tract)
12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
Casseroles and anything with apples
13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
caffeine free tea
15. It’s 10PM and you’re starving. What do you eat?
a bowl of cereal or tortilla chips
16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
I don’t have a living animal companion. I have many stuffed animals (toys) though. They eat a lot of the same foods I do, but especially enjoy chocolate wacky cake (I have a very active imagination).
17. Worst injury you’ve gotten in the kitchen?
When I worked in a bakery, I got a pretty awful burn on my inner arm from a hot cookie sheet coming out of the oven. I have a scar there now.
18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
I look it up in a cookbook or go online to the PPK.
19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
Well, summer is over in Portland. I will miss fresh basil (although I saw some at the farmers’ market today, but it was kind of wimpy looking).
20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
Homemade granola and some type of fruit, usually a banana or an apple
21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
On Golden Pond Mushroom Soup from La Dolce Vegan. It is so quick and simple to prepare. Just don’t accidentally use cayenne instead of paprika!!
22. What’s your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
I just like plain OJ.
23. Favorite brand of root beer?
I don’t drink soda.
24. Make up your own question!
Peanut Butter. Maybe with chocolate chips to mix it up a bit!